Delivering Powerful and Charismatic Presentations Training Course
Course Highlights and Agenda
Good speakers convey passion, enthusiasm and energy – they inspire and excite, they arouse and enable. They connect with their audience – not just on the surface but emotionally, at the level of the beliefs and feelings of the audience.
The art of delivery is not a talent which people are born with, but a skill which you can acquire.
Scroll down for agenda or book onto this course.
Understanding How to Manage and Control Nervous Energy
Getting the Butterflies to Fly in Formation
- tips and techniques to help you feel mentally more positive
Learning to Relax
- practical strategies to aid relaxation and get the body under control
The Neutral Position
- how to adopt the correct position for the first 9 seconds
- 9 : 90 rule of speaking
Managing the Physical Impact of the Speaker
Body Posture and Stance
- ensuring a confident and authoritative stance
Hands and Movement
- positive ways to use space and general spatial awareness
The Importance of the Face
- practical exercises to reduce facial tension
- how to maintain eye contact, especially with a large audience
Generating an Exciting and Interesting Voice
- how to achieve rib swing - developing the technique of breath control
- breathing exercises to help sustain the voice
- techniques to increase the variety of pitch in the voice
- developing a varied pace of delivery
- why and how to use pauses
- the ‘E’ word and its importance
Volume and Projection
- exercises to produce volume and increase resonance
Putting the Message Together
Audience Analysis and Objective Settings
- checklists to help analyse different sorts of audience
- considering the W.I.F.M approach to material generation
- how to set realistic and achievable objectives for a presentation
Structuring a Presentation (i)
- the importance of attention-getting openings
- suggestions on how to get started
- the law of primacy
- how to generate material
- the star diagram to help formulate key points
Structuring a Presentation (ii)
- closing the talk
- law of recency
- where to place the question and answer session
Key Ways to Introduce Variety
- structuring the main body
- use of humour
- anecdotes, comparisons and analogies
- sign-posting and mini summaries
- how to link effectively
Use of Notes
- evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of alternative options
- how to use notes effectively
- the negative effect of using visual aids as a prompt
- introduction to the “Grid”
Generating Eye-catching Visuals
Why Should Visuals be Used?
- the objective of a visual
- when should they not be used
- what options are available
- design points for exciting visuals
- the 3 ‘Bs’ of visual design
- landscape versus portrait
- the 5 part handling strategy
- using a pointer
- how to re-focus the audience
- visuals used as handouts
Handling the Discussion Period
Different Types of Questions
- 8 questioner types
- understanding the motivation behind questioners’ behaviour
- tactics to encourage questions at the start of the discussion period
- neutralising aggressive people
- managing the awkward kind of questioner
- handling multiple questions
- how to cope if you do not know the answer
- how to manage questions when they occur during the presentation
Making the Emotional Connection
- the inside influence: how our beliefs, values, attitudes and opinions impact on our behaviour and communication
- Values Driven Communication – how to connect emotionally with a group of people
- the components of charisma
What You Will Learn
"Absolutely excellent……it did for me exactly what the literature said it would do"
"Exceeded my expectations. Very motivational…..Excellent..This course is far superior to other presentations courses I have been on."
"An excellent course. Great "hands on" approach. Practical excrcises very useful"
"Course was excellent…Great sessions, really learnt a lot here…Excellent, best presentation skills course I have been on"
"For such a feared topic, I found it thoroughly enjoyable experience I feel like I have the tools to do it."
"The whole cours has been brilliant…The best I have attended in my career….all relevant and practical"
"Managing nerves & creating structure helped a great deal in improving confidence... Good visuals. Very enjoyable & relaxing"
"One of the best course I have ever attended. Thank you"
"What can I say first-class facilitation from start to finish..…wouldn't change anything"
"All very good and clearly presented... Excellent!"
"Excellent, covered all that was required in a well structured format."
"Fantastic combination of trainers…..Very interactive, really helped my confidence with such a frightnening subject!"
"I used to see presentations as a threat - now I see them as an opportunity -great course"
"Delivered what was said on the tin….excellent - entertaining delivery but all points relevant"
"Loads of useful tips and practical advice. Exceeded my expectations."
"The main point is that I needed to attend to address a particular weakness and this was fully addressed."
"All of the information was very useful and helpful….Probaby one of the best courses I attended. Im feeling much more confident about standing up in front of people"
"All the course was totally relevant and superbly delivered…the best trainer I have come across"