Delivering Powerful and Charismatic Presentations Training Course
Course Highlights and Agenda
Good speakers convey passion, enthusiasm and energy – they inspire and excite, they arouse and enable. They connect with their audience – not just on the surface but emotionally, at the level of the beliefs and feelings of the audience.
The art of delivery is not a talent which people are born with, but a skill which you can acquire.
Scroll down for agenda or book onto this course.
Understanding How to Manage and Control Nervous Energy
Getting the Butterflies to Fly in Formation
- tips and techniques to help you feel mentally more positive
Learning to Relax
- practical strategies to aid relaxation and get the body under control
The Neutral Position
- how to adopt the correct position for the first 9 seconds
- 9 : 90 rule of speaking
Managing the Physical Impact of the Speaker
Body Posture and Stance
- ensuring a confident and authoritative stance
Hands and Movement
- positive ways to use space and general spatial awareness
The Importance of the Face
- practical exercises to reduce facial tension
- how to maintain eye contact, especially with a large audience
Generating an Exciting and Interesting Voice
- how to achieve rib swing - developing the technique of breath control
- breathing exercises to help sustain the voice
- techniques to increase the variety of pitch in the voice
- developing a varied pace of delivery
- why and how to use pauses
- the ‘E’ word and its importance
Volume and Projection
- exercises to produce volume and increase resonance
Putting the Message Together
Audience Analysis and Objective Settings
- checklists to help analyse different sorts of audience
- considering the W.I.F.M approach to material generation
- how to set realistic and achievable objectives for a presentation
Structuring a Presentation (i)
- the importance of attention-getting openings
- suggestions on how to get started
- the law of primacy
- how to generate material
- the star diagram to help formulate key points
Structuring a Presentation (ii)
- closing the talk
- law of recency
- where to place the question and answer session
Key Ways to Introduce Variety
- structuring the main body
- use of humour
- anecdotes, comparisons and analogies
- sign-posting and mini summaries
- how to link effectively
Use of Notes
- evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of alternative options
- how to use notes effectively
- the negative effect of using visual aids as a prompt
- introduction to the “Grid”
Generating Eye-catching Visuals
Why Should Visuals be Used?
- the objective of a visual
- when should they not be used
- what options are available
- design points for exciting visuals
- the 3 ‘Bs’ of visual design
- landscape versus portrait
- the 5 part handling strategy
- using a pointer
- how to re-focus the audience
- visuals used as handouts
Handling the Discussion Period
Different Types of Questions
- 8 questioner types
- understanding the motivation behind questioners’ behaviour
- tactics to encourage questions at the start of the discussion period
- neutralising aggressive people
- managing the awkward kind of questioner
- handling multiple questions
- how to cope if you do not know the answer
- how to manage questions when they occur during the presentation
Making the Emotional Connection
- the inside influence: how our beliefs, values, attitudes and opinions impact on our behaviour and communication
- Values Driven Communication – how to connect emotionally with a group of people
- the components of charisma
What You Will Learn
"Excellent, covered all that was required in a well structured format."
"All the course was totally relevant and superbly delivered…the best trainer I have come across"
"Absolutely excellent……it did for me exactly what the literature said it would do"
"Exceeded my expectations. Very motivational…..Excellent..This course is far superior to other presentations courses I have been on."
"One of the best course I have ever attended. Thank you"
"An excellent course. Great "hands on" approach. Practical excrcises very useful"
"All very good and clearly presented... Excellent!"
"For such a feared topic, I found it thoroughly enjoyable experience I feel like I have the tools to do it."
"The main point is that I needed to attend to address a particular weakness and this was fully addressed."
"All of the information was very useful and helpful….Probaby one of the best courses I attended. Im feeling much more confident about standing up in front of people"
"I used to see presentations as a threat - now I see them as an opportunity -great course"
"What can I say first-class facilitation from start to finish..…wouldn't change anything"
"Fantastic combination of trainers…..Very interactive, really helped my confidence with such a frightnening subject!"
"The whole cours has been brilliant…The best I have attended in my career….all relevant and practical"
"Course was excellent…Great sessions, really learnt a lot here…Excellent, best presentation skills course I have been on"
"Delivered what was said on the tin….excellent - entertaining delivery but all points relevant"
"Loads of useful tips and practical advice. Exceeded my expectations."
"Managing nerves & creating structure helped a great deal in improving confidence... Good visuals. Very enjoyable & relaxing"